Offering Adjusting Services in Charlotte and the Surrounding Areas
MitPro Construction & Restoration provides commercial and residential property adjusting services for insurance carriers, third-party administrators, managing general agencies, insurance brokers and self-insured entities with a daily claims operation that services the continental United States. MitPro Construction & Restoration‘s property adjusting staff is among the most knowledgeable in the industry, averaging 12 to 15 years of property adjusting experience. MitPro Construction & Restoration also offers the services of several skilled General Adjusters and Executive General Adjusters capable of handling the most complicated of claim assignments.
Water Damage Insurance Claim Help from Trusted Experts
Water damage insurance claims are the most frequently reported kind of property claim. These claims cause the greatest financial expense to insurance companies and subsequently, grief and aggravation for property owners who are entitled to fast and accurate settlements.
Our claim adjusters have helped people just like you win fast and fair settlements for water damage claims that were underpaid, delayed and even denied. We utilize state-of-the-art thermal imaging and moisture mapping technology which enables us to precisely estimate and substantiate the full scope of water damage. This means fast and accurate settlements for our clients.
Water Damage Insurance Claim Tips
Here are insurance claim tips to ensure you’re claim stays on track:
- Request a certified copy of your insurance contract from your agent or insurance adjuster. It will outline your coverage, your responsibilities and any mold provisions or limitations. If there’s a dispute over coverage or policy language, contact an experienced public adjuster for interpretation.
- Begin mitigation of the water damage first, NOT just restoration of your damaged property. The rebuild and restoration work should only commence once you and your insurance company have agreed to the scope (or amount) of damage.
- Document all damage with photos and video. If “tear out” of dry wall or flooring is becomes necessary before the insurance company’s claim adjuster can survey the damage, save samples.
- Request that your insurance adjuster use technology to diagnose and document the extent of water damage. If your insurance company does not utilize thermal or infrared imaging or moisture mapping technology then you should consider hiring a public adjuster who does.
- Obtain your own estimates to gauge the true cost repair or replace your water damaged property. Get at least 3 independent estimates from qualified general contractors.
- Demand a written explanation and reasons why if your claim has not fully settled within 45 days.
- Contact a trusted professional if your insurance company is not responsive or has required you to submit a Proof of Loss form for your water damage insurance claim.
Water Damage Insurance Coverage
While each policy contains different policy language and varying degrees of coverage for water damage, most insurance policies cover damage where the cause of loss was “sudden and accidental.” This would include water damage from burst pipes, sink or tub overflow, sewage or toilet backups and water intrusion from breaches in a roof or window.
Water damage can appear suddenly or take a more subtle approach, quietly damaging building materials and furnishings. You may not suspect a problem until mold or unusual warping appears.
Contact Us Today
Contact MitPro Construction & Restoration today for more information on our experience with insurance adjusting! We would love to help you get you and your home back on track.